On This Day in Pink History… 4th May 2016, Pink was on The Ellen Show
On This Day in Pink History… 3rd May 2016, Pink did a Facebook Live Chat
On This Day in Pink History… 1st May 2013, Pink played at the O2 World in Hamburg, Germany
Pink played at the O2 World in Hamburg, Germany on the Truth About Love Tour and was joined by Nate Ruess during the performance of Just Give Me A Reason
On This Day in Pink History… 1st May 2010, Pink attended An Evening with Women
On This Day in Pink History… 30th April 2009, Pink attended the filming of the T-Mobile Advert in London
Pink makes surprise appearance as thousands gather in London for T-Mobile advert
Pink, the American pop star, made a surprise performance in London as thousands of people gathered in Trafalgar Square to sing on the new T-Mobile advert.
During the event, compèred by presenter Vernon Kay, the crowd belted out versions of the Grease hit Summer Nights, Total Eclipse of the Heart, and I Say a Little Prayer.
Pink joined in halfway through the crowd’s rendition of the Erma Franklin hit Piece of my Heart.
Daniella Kostic, 18, from King’s Cross, London, said: “It is amazing. We came down to film the advert but we did not expect anything like this.”
Jamilla Gibbs, 63, from Clapham, South London, added: “We loved the first advert and really wanted to get involved in the second. It’s not dancing but we’re still having fun.”
T-Mobile spokeswoman Lysa Hardy said: “We wanted to get everyone to have a really good time. People really enjoyed the Dance campaign and we have had an amazing response to this one.
“The first advert is a really tough act to follow.”
The previous T-Mobile advert has become an online sensation on YouTube, attracting more than 11 million hits.
Fans organised a re-enactment of the advert in January at Liverpool Street Station, through the social networking website Facebook.
However, police were forced to close the station due to safety concerns when it was swamped by around 12,000 people who turned up to dance in the “silent disco”, listening to music through headphones.
On This Day in PinkHistory… 26th April 2019 Hurts 2B Human was released
Hurts 2B Human is the eighth studio album by Pink. Released in April 2019, by RCA Records, the album was initially planned as a standalone extended play (EP). Pursuing a sound that would be departure from her previous albums, Pink enlisted the assistance of collaborators such as Greg Kurstin, Max Martin, and Ryan Tedder. The album features guest appearances by Cash Cash, Khalid, Chris Stapleton, and Wrabel. The album was officially announced during Pink’s interview on The Ellen DeGeneres Show broadcast in February 2019.
Musically, Hurts 2B Human is a pop record whose lyrics delve into themes of love, family, introspection, life, and self-worth. The album received generally favorable reviews from music critics, many of whom praised its production and cohesiveness; others felt it was too calculated and formulaic. Commercially, the album was successful, reaching number one in eight countries including Australia, Canada, New Zealand, and Switzerland. In the United States, Hurts 2B Human became Pink’s third consecutive album to debut at number one on the Billboard 200 chart, with first-week sales of 115,000 album-equivalent units. To promote the singer’s album, Walk Me Home was released in February 2019, as a lead single to commercial success, followed by Can We Pretend, Hurts 2B Human, and Love Me Anyway as the second, third and fourth singles, respectively.
- Hustle – Pink, Dan Reynolds, Jorgen Odegard
- (Hey Why) Miss You Sometime – Pink, Max Martin, Shellback
- Walk Me Home – Pink, Scott Harris, Nate Ruess
- My Attic – Julia Michaels, Ilsey Juber, Freddy Wexler
- 90 Days (feat. Wrabel) – Pink, Wrabel, Steve Robson
- Hurts 2B Human (feat. Khalid) – Pink, Teddy Geiger, Harris, Anna-Catherine Hartley, Alexander “Xplicit” Izquierdo, Khalid Robinson
- Can We Pretend (feat. Cash Cash) – Pink, Ryan Tedder, Jean Paul Makhlouf, Alex Makhlouf, Samuel Frisch
- Courage – Pink, Greg Kurstin, Sia Fuller
- Happy – Pink, Teddy Geiger, Sasha Sloan, Steph Jones
- We Could Have It All – Pink, Greg Kurstin, Beck Hansen
- Love Me Anyway (feat. Chris Stapleton) – Pink, Allen Shamblin, Tom Douglas
- Circle Game – Pink, Greg Kurstin
- The Last Sone of Your Life – Pink, Billy Mann
- More (Japanese bonus track) – Pink, Jetta John-Hartley, busbee
On This Day in Pink History 16th April 2006, Pink was on the set of the Who Knew music video
The Who Knew video was directed by Dragon, a team comprising Sam Bayer, Robert Hales and Brian Lazzaro. It was filmed in April 2006 in Los Angeles, United States, and it was released to the internet and to UK music channels in early May 2006. The video reached number one on MTV Germany’s top ten and on TRL Italy. “Who Knew” was voted number one on TRL Germany twenty times, allowing Pink to earn the “Golden Tape”. In the U.S.
It features a young couple visiting a fairground and going on the rides, and at one point the boy puts a necklace on the girl. The video flashes back to the boy secretly injecting himself with drugs on a previous night while the girl is sleeping. At the carnival, when the girl is playing a game, the boy walks away. The girl realizes he’s gone and follows him, but when she tries to get him to stay with her he gets violent. He goes to the back of the fairground to inject himself with drugs and breaks into a sweat. His girlfriend wanders around looking for him, and finds him unconscious; he has overdosed. She gives him a kiss, gives back the necklace and phones for an ambulance; after it has arrived, she walks away crying. The video is inter-cut with shots of Pink singing the song at the entrance to the fairground.
On This Day in Pink History… 15th April 2016 Just Like Fire was released
- Just Like Fire was co-wrote by Pink, Max Martin, Shellback and Oscar Holter for the soundtrack to the 2016 film Alice Through The Looking Glass.
- The song was nominated for a Grammy Award for Best Song Written for Visual Media.
- Pink performed Just Like Fire at the 2016 Billboard Music Awards using acrobatic stunts. She also performed the song, along with White Rabbit, on Jimmy Kimmel Live!
- The music video was directed by Dave Meyers and released in May 2016.
- The video features Carey and Willow.
On This Day in Pink History… 14th April 2002 Pink attended MTV Icon: Aerosmith
Pink performed Janie’s Got A Gun
On This Day in Pink History… 12th April 2013, The Truth About Love Tour started in Europe
- 12th April 2013, The Truth About Love Tour started in Dublin, Ireland, at the O2 Arena.
- There were a total of 30 shows in Europe
- Support acts for Europe were Walk The Moon, Churchill, Redrama and Wafande
- All shows (apart from Oslo, Norway, which sold 16,685 out of 17,967 tickets) were sold out.
- Pink played four sold-out shows at the O2 Arena in London, where 69,162 tickets were sold over four nights
- Pink was due to play two shows at the LG Arena in Birmingham, UK. However, the second night was cancelled due to illness.
- Jason Chapman – Keyboards/Vocals
- Justin Derrico – Lead guitar
- Mark Schulman – Drums
- Eva Gardner – Bass
- Kat Lucas – Keyboards/Rhythm guitar/Vocals
- Stacy Campbell – Backgound vocals
- Jenny Douglas-McRae – Background vocals
- Tracy Shibata – Dance Captain
- Reina Hidalgo – Dancer
- Colt Prattes – Dancer
- Khasan Brailsford – Dancer
- Janelle Ginestra – Dancer
- Loriel Hennington – Dancer
- Remi Bakkar – Dancer
- Jimmy Slonina – Host/Rubix