- I’m Not Dead is Pink’s fourth studio album, released in 2006.
- It was recorded in 2005 and released on 4th April 2006, six years after Pink’s debut album, Can’t Take Me Home
- It was originally going to be released in September 2005, but the album was delayed for several months.
- Also, it was originally going to be titled Long Way To Happy, but was changed to I’m Not Dead in order to match the comeback nature of the album, and its heavy tone in terms of lyrical content, strong language and edgy sound.
- The album produced six singles, Stupid Girls, Who Knew, U + Ur Hand, Nobody Knows, Dear Mr President and Leave Me Alone (I’m Lonely).
- When asked about why the title of the album is I’m Not Dead, Pink revealed that “It’s about being alive and feisty and not sitting down and shutting up even though people would like you to.” She said it came from “the awakening” and how “it felt good to feel again … I turned twenty-five and I just kind of woke up and realized I have so much to learn, whereas before I thought I knew everything. That’s definitely a huge part of that title.”
- I’m Not Dead sold 126,000 copies in its first week in the U.S. and debuted at number six.
- I’m Not Dead debuted at number three in the United Kingdom selling 39,892 copies and was the ninth best-selling album of 2006 in the UK, with over 848,000 copies sold in the year.
- In Australia, after 26 weeks of release, I’m Not Dead ascended to number one to become Pink’s first number-one album. The album spent a record 62 consecutive weeks in the top ten and is Pink’s most successful album in Australia.
- After a promo tour in March 2006, Pink started the I’m Not Dead tour in North America, which would then go to arenas in Europe and Australia. Pink joined Justin Timberlake on tour in 2007, and then returned to Europe during summer 2007. The tour also went to South Africa.
- Pink worked with writers including Billy Mann, Max Martin and Butch Walker.
- The last song on the album, I Have Seen The Rain, is a song written by Pink’s dad, Jim Moore, who also features on the track.
Click the image below to see photoshoots from the I’m Not Dead era